PDF Military Reminisces of the Civil War Volume I
Cox was born in Montreal, Canada, to American parents, Jacob Dolson Cox and Thedia Redelia Kenyon Cox. Cox married Helen Clarissa Finney, whom he met at Oberlin College in Ohio.
He became superintendent of the Warren, Ohio, school system as he studied law and was admitted to the bar in 1853. As a strong abolitionist, in 1855 he helped to organize the Republican Party in Ohio and stumped for its candidates in counties surrounding Warren. He entered the Ohio State Senate in 1860 and formed a political alliance with Senator and future President James A. Garfield, and with Governor Salmon P. Chase. While in the legislature, he accepted a commission with the Ohio Militia as a brigadier general and spent much of the winter of 1860–61 studying military science.
After Cox fought in the Civil War he became the Governor of Ohio from 1866-1867. He was appointed Secretary of the Interior by Ulysses S. Grant upon his inauguration in March 1869, serving until November 1870.
During his later years, Cox was a prolific author. His works include Atlanta (published in 1882); The March to the Sea: Franklin and Nashville (1882); The Second Battle of Bull Run (1882); The Battle of Franklin, Tennessee (1897); and Military Reminiscences of the Civil War (1900).
Cox died on summer vacation at Gloucester, Massachusetts. He is buried in Spring Grove Cemetery, Cincinnati.
Download «Military Reminisces of the Civil War Volume I» PDF
Tag cloud: military, reminisces, the, civil, war, volume, cheap download, pdf, 1 usd, pdf, jacob dolson cox
If you like Military Reminisces of the Civil War Volume I, read this:
- Military Reminisces of the Civil War Volume I by Jacob Dolson Cox
- Military Records, Pensions Applications, Heirs at Law and Civil War Military Records from the Fauquier County, Virginia Court Minute Books 1840-1904 by Joan Peters
- Military Reminiscences of the Civil War by Jacob D. Cox
- Military Ballooning during the Early Civil War by F. Stansbury Haydon
- Civil-Military Relations During the War of 1812 by Reginald Stuart
- The Civil-Military Gap in the United States by Thomas S. Szayna
- The Routledge Handbook of Civil-Military Relations by Thomas C. Bruneau
- Civil-Military Relations in Latin America by David Pion-Berlin
- The American Civil War (CO-ED) (CO-ED): 1861-1863 (Special Editions (Military)) by Gary W. Gallagher
- Lincoln in the telegraph office; recollections of the United States Military Telegraph Corps during the Civil War by David Homer Bates
- A History of Military Medicine, Volume 2 by Richard A. Gabriel
- Journal of Medieval Military History, Volume VI by Clifford J. Rogers
- The Civil War. A Narrative, Volume 7 by Shelby Foote
- The Struggle Intensifies (Battles and Leaders of the Civil War Volume 2) by Robert Underwood Johnson
- The Tide Shifts (Battles and Leaders of the Civil War Volume 3) by Robert Underwood Johnson
- Epic Battles of the Civil War (Historical Comics Marvel, Volume 1: First Bull run) by William Messner-Loebs
- Murray Pura's American Civil War Series - Cry of Freedom - Volume 12 - Kentucky Rain by Murray Pura
- The Military History of Tsarist Russia & the Military History of the Soviet Union by Frederick W. Kagan
- Beauty and the Brigadier (Military Romance) (Military Romance) (1Night Stand) by D.L. Jackson
- American Civil Rights Reference Library (5 Volume Set: Cumulative Index, Primary Sources, Almanac Vol 1 And 2, Biographies) by Phillis Engelbert
© Miradordelvalle - All rights reserved. | www.miradordelvalle.info